Another busy week preparing the way for a new Greenhouse, to be placed on my plot.
Still very grey and cold, but at least with some dry weather, I’ve been able to move my strawberries (from in-front of the Shed) to the front raised bed.
Immediately in-front of the shed , these strawberries have been cleared and the Raised Bed will be moved to the front of the Plot (when I have moved and pulled up the remaining Raspberry plants). Ash was added into the weeded bed and the front, along with some plot-developed compost which looks really rich and healthy. The plants have been watered in and look like I shall have a good crop of Strawberries.
And despite the disappointing growth of Broad Beans in the Plot, I have “cheated” and moved some seeds which I had growing in my garden (in plastic trays) onto the Plot, alongside the odd ones that have popped up. These shall remain under the cloche in the hope that they grow and develop before they are nibbled on:
So managed to clear away the old raspberries and lots of bind-weed roots from the very front of the plot. This has made way for a new Raised Bed and temporarily, the Raspberry canes have been trimmed and moved into another bed (whilst I decided where to put them). The wood from in-front of the Shed has been used to make the new bed so getting a new Greenhouse, I do not lose a planting bed: