Week 31: Pumpkin Progress…

As we head towards Halloween, I decided to review my progress with my Pumpkins given that I started my Big Allotment Challenge with a large unkept plot and over the last few weeks, I have watched the Pumpkins grow and grow and grow…

They started out back in Week 9 when I adjusted “main avenue” and instead of building a new raised bed, the old compost heap was boxed in and the new Pumpkin patch was born

New Pumpkin Patch in Week 9.

After just a few weeks, the pumpkin plants have taken well to their new home.

The small fruits slowly formed and after consulting different sources, I trained the pumpkins (removing the main vine once at least one fruit had started to form). I lots a few to insects and animal eating but six large ones were developing.

Six Pumpkins.

Became Five.

And then Four.

And then three (into the Shed)

Resting in the shed before weighing!

From Week 27, we enjoyed roasting pumpkin but these three have now been weighed:

My Best one (so far) at 6.930 kg.

But we still have one growing, attached to a vine and enjoying Autumn outside on the plot.

Advertisements

One thought on “Week 31: Pumpkin Progress…

  1. Pingback: Week 33: My Spook-tacular Pumpkin ready for Halloween with Jack o’Lantern Blaze Highlights (and previously home-carved pumpkins)… | My Big Allotment Challenge

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s